Thursday 8 February 2007

Barcelona or Bust


JK: Since I was not going to see Mélanie for her birthday (Jan 28 .... I'm told she is still accepting belated gifts...), I decided that I would eschew the traditional Christmas and birthday gift exchange and instead surprise Mel with a trip to Barcelona (care of a great off-season deal from Virgin Express)!

The weather could not have been more superb for early January. There was not a cloud in the sky for the duration of our trip. There was a catch to all this however. Both Mel and I were suffering from the flu. And while I got better during the course of the trip, Melanie got worse -- eventually being diagnosed with bronchitis which then turned into an infection in the lungs!

Anyway, it was still a privilege and thrill to be in Catalunya. From Gaudi's endless Art Nouveau-ish masterpieces, to the glorious winding streets of the Gothic quarter and the Olympic installations at Montjuic, Barca is truly one of the world's greatest cities.

For pics click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment